Education, Qualifications and Training|
||Graduated from the Arts Institute in Bucharest, History and Art Theory Department.|
||Post-University course in decorative art entitled "The Expertise of the Work of Art", at the Bucharest Arts Institute.|
||Ph.D. in Visual Arts at National University of Arts in Bucharest.|
Member of the Fine Arts Union of Romania, , Art Criticism Section, since 1986
||Main curator at the Arts Department at the Art Museum, Timisoara.|
||Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Arts, West University, Timişoara.|
|since Oct. 2004
||Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts, West University, Timişoara.|
||Curator of Zone Performance Festival, www.zonafestival.ro.|
Member of the editorial board of ARTMargins art magazine, Los Angeles, California (http://www.artmargins.com)|
Visiting professor at Kunsthogskolen i Bergen, Norway.
Member of AICA (International Association of Art Critics), Paris.
Member of IKT (International Association of Contemporary Art Curators).
||Research Support Scheme, Prague
||Kultur Kontakt, Vienna.|
||Sächsische Akademie der Künste, Dresden.|
||Research Fellowship, New Europe College, Bucharest.|
||Harald Szeeman Grant, IKT.|
||National Prize of Romanian Artists' Association, Art Criticism Section.|
Actionismul in Romania în timpul comunismului, Idea, Cluj, 1999.|
Actionsm in Romania During the Communist Era, Idea, Cluj, 2002, English version.
I. Books, treaties, albums
1. Katalin Keserü (editor) 1996. Crossroads in Central-Europe. Ideas, Themes, Methods and Problems of Contemporary Art and Art Criticism. Budapest: Egregia Press. P. 147. (Ileana Pintilie. Performance Art in Romania. Between Gestures and Ritual).
2. 1997. Symposium of Concrete Art. Bucharest: Crater Publishing House. P. 67. (Ileana Pintilie. Roman Cotoşman, a Steadfast of Concrete Art).
3. Zdenka Badovinac (editor). 1998. Body and the East. From the 1960s to the Present. Ljubljana: Museum of Modern Art. P. 192. (Ileana Pintilie. The Public and the Private Body in the Romanian Contemporary Art. In Romanian language in the catalogue La Giaconda's Smile - from the Mythical Ritual to Techno-Ritual. 1999. Kishinev.).
4. Eve Blau, Monika Platzer (editors). 1999. Shaping the Great City: Modern Architecture in Central Europe, 1890-1937. Munich: Prestel Verlag. P. 271. (Ileana Pintilie. The Public and Private Body in Romanian Contemporary Art. Study, biographies, architects, chronology).
5. János Brendel (editor). 1999. The Culture of the Time of Transformation. The Cultural Identity of the Central-Eastern Europe. Poznan: Wis Publisher, The Association of Historians of Art. P. 416. (Ileana Pintilie. Ulysses Masks. Introduction to Ion Grigorescu's Visual Mechanics).
6. Annemarie Podlipny-Hehn (editor). 1999. Julius Podlipny, Commemorative Album. Kriterion Publishing House. P. 93. (Ileana Pintilie. The Cosmic Feeling of Existence).
7. Szabó Lilla (editor). 2001. Külön világban és idöben. A 20. századi magyar képzömuvészet Magyarország határain kivül 1918-tól napjainkig. Budapest. P. 416. (Ileana Pintilie. Spira mirabilis. Hymn of Cyclic Return of an Interior Growth (on Ştefan Bertalan).
8. Prof. Dr. h. c. Werner Schmidt (editor). 2001. Jahrbuch der Sächsischen Akademie der Künste, 1999-2000. Dresden. (Ileana Pintilie. Stylistic Landmarks in Romanian Art of the ‘70s-'90s).
9. Triade Foundation (editor). 2001. The Present Time of the Brancusi Paradigm. Timişoara: Sophia Publishing House. P. 112. (Ileana Pintilie. Tactile Objects in Paul Neagu's Works).
10. Smaranda Vultur (editor). 2001. Life Scenes. Cultural Memory and Diversity, Timişoara, 1900-1945. Iaşi: Polirom. P. 130. (Ileana Pintilie. Timişoara - Ethnic Communities and Special Places of Memory).
11. Carmen Popescu, Ioana Teodorescu (editors). 2002. Genius Loci. National and Regional in Architecture; between History and Practice. Bucharest: Simetria Publishing House. P. 307. (Ileana Pintilie. Stylistic and Regional Interferences in Timişoara's Architecture at the beginning of the 20th Century).
12. Matei Bejenaru (editor). 2003. Revisiting the Exhibition. Debates on the Public - Contemporary Art Event Relationship. Iaşi. P. 211. (Ileana Pintilie. Performance Festival "Zone - between Margin and Margins").
13. Direction for Culture, Cults and National Cultural Patrimony of Timiş County (editor). 2003. Tradition and Postmodernism. Two Centuries of Art in Banat. Timişoara: ArtPress. P. 180 (Ileana Pintilie The Cardinal Points of the Artistic Movement in Timişoara, 1960-1996, first time printed in the catalogue Experiment in Romanian Art since 1960-1990. 1997. Bucharest).
14. Patrimonium Banaticum, II, Timişoara, Mirton, 2003, P. 313 (Ileana Pintilie A Moment of Romanian Artistic Education - The School of Fine Arts in Timişoara).
15. Patrimonium Banaticum, III, Timişoara, Waldpress, 2004, P. 217 (Ileana Pintilie Stefan Bertalan. Through Leonardo's Esthetics To Natural Creation).
16. Regional - Universal, Center for Visual Culture Golden Eye, Novi Sad 2005, editor Svetlana Mladenov (Ileana Pintilie The Artist and the Post-Totalitarian Society).
II. Specialised Magazines
1."The School of Fine Arts in Cluj". In Studies and Research of History of Art. 1984. Bucharest: Arts series. Volume 31.
2. "An Art Chapter between the Two World Wars in Transylvania". In Annals of Banat. 1984. Timişoara. 2.
3."Ştefan Aleksić and the Self-Portrait at the Beginning of the 20th Century". In Studies and Research of History of Art. 1989. Bucharest: Art series. No. IX.
4."The Evolution of European Miniature in the Collection of the Banat Museum". Study and catalogue. In Annals of Banat. 1994. Timişoara.
5."Introductory Elements in Sezession Architecture in Timişoara". In Studies and Papers. 1994. Museum Arad. II.
6."Documents from Private Archives Contributing to the Acquaintance with an Architect from Timişoara at the Beginning of the 20th Century - László Székely". In Studies and Papers. 1996. Museum Arad.
7."Introduction to the 1900 Architecture in Timişoara - Urban Development, Architecture, Architects". In Studies and Research of History of Art. 1996. Bucharest: Art series. Volume 43.
8."Vienna, Budapest and Timişoara - Rapport between Centre and Periphery in the Years of "Foundation", a Premise of Spreading the 1900 Style". In Annals of Banat. 1997. Timişoara: Art series. II.
9."The Roman-Catholic Theological Seminary of Timişoara - A Monument Built in the Secession Style". In Annals of Banat. 1998. Timişoara: Art.
10."Urbanism and Architecture at the Beginning of Century in Banat". In Annals of Banat. 1998. Timişoara: Art.
11."Stylistic Evolution in the Creation of Timişoara Architect L. Székely". In Studies and Papers. 1999. Museum Arad. No. 4-5.
12. "Accessible Mythologies: Present Art Behind the Stage". In Artelier. 1999. Bucharest. No. 3-4.
13."Regional Interferences in the 1900 Architecture Reflected in the Work of Lipot Baumhorn". In Studies and Papers. 2001-2002. No. 7. Museum Arad.
14. "Hypostases of Medeea or On Ignored Womanhood. Notes on Representations in Romanian Contemporary Art". In Tribuna. 1999, February. Cluj. No. 5-8. And "Hipostaze Medeje - ili o ignoriranoj ženskosti bilješke o nekim prikazima u suvremenoj rumunjskoj umetnosti". In Treća magazine. 2000. Zagreb. Vol. 2.
15. "Actionism in Romania in the 6th and 7th Decades". In Balkon. 2000. Cluj. No. 2.
16."Actionism in Romania in the 8th Decade". In Balkon. 2000. Cluj. No. 3.
17. "The Dilemmas of Artistic Transition in Post-Communism. Performance art in Romania at the Beginning of the '90s". In Zone 3 Catalogues. Timişoara; and in. Periferic 4. 2000. Iaşi.
18."In the Shade of the Model - Urbanisation Blueprint of the City of Timişoara". In Dora Wiebenson (editor). Centropa. 2001. New York. Vol. 1, no. 1.
19."Performance art in Romania in the '90s (Rumunska umetnost performanse devedesetih)". In Artcontext magazine. 2001, April. Vrsac. No. 1.
20."Self-Portraits and Portraits of Artists in Romanian Modern Art". In Annals of Banat. Art. 2002. Mirton Publishing House. Vol. IV.
21."Epifanie notturne" (Radu Dragomirescu). In Parol. Quaderni d'arte e di epistemologia, Universita di Bologna, Meltemi, 2004.
22. "The Private and the Social Body: Romanian Artists before and after 1989". In ..maska. Performing Arts Journal, Ljubljana, volume XXI, no. 1-2, 2006.
23. "Paul Neagu. La geometria tattile", in Carte d'Arte Internationale, inverno 2006, Messina.
24. "La Bienale. Globalizzazione e postcolonialismo", in Carte d'Arte Internationale, inverno 2006, Messina.
Exhibitions curated by Ileana Pintilie Teleaga (selection)
||European Creation and Synchronism. Artistic Movement in Timisoara in the 60s and 70s, Timisoara and Bucharest, retrospective exhibition.|
The Earth - exhibition of objects, installations, performance.
||Performance Festival "Zone-Eastern Europe" - with international participation.|
Diet Sayler - wall collages, installation.
||East - West (Orient - Occident), essay-exhibition.|
New Hyphen - exhibition by Paul Neagu (with a debate).
||Roman Cotosman, Vera Rohm and Pier Giulio Bonifacio - constructiviste art exhibition.|
Performance Festival "Zone 2", the second edition of "Zone-Eastern-Europe" with international participation.
"Balkan Art" - international Biennial, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia, curator for Romania.
||The 13th International Biennial of Small Plastic, Murska Sobota, Slovenia, curator for Romania.|
Experiment in Romanian Art after 60s, curator for the 60s-70s for Timisoara.
"Aller-Retour", Biennial of Cetinje, Muntenegro, curator for Romania.
||Body and the East. From the 1960s to the Present, curator for Romania.|
Zone 3 - the performance festival and the symposium "Terrestrial Mythologies: the Body and its Traces".|
Actionism in Romania During Communism, documentary exhibition.
Shaping the Great City: Modern Architecture in Central Europe, 1890-1937, 1999 Prague, 2000 Montreal, 2001 Getty Museum, Los Angeles and Vienna, part of the researchers' team.
||Import - Export - Oli Gherman Grausz-Belu Simion Fainaru from Haifa.|
||The First Triennial of Small Sculpture, Murska Sobota, Slovenia, curator for Romania.|
Self-portrait in Romanian Contemporary Art, Art Museum, Timisoara.
||The International Biennial of Young Artists "Time Code", Vrsac, Serbia; curator for Romania.|
Paula Ribariu, Fine Arts Museum, Timisoara.
|| Octav Grigorescu, drawings-paintings, Fine Arts Museum, Timisoara.|
Paul Neagu - Abstract New Hyphen, Fine Arts Museum, Timisoara.
|| Painting. A New Romanian Generation, Fine Arts Museum, Timisoara.|
||Timisoara 1960-1970, Fine Arts Museum, Timisoara.|
Catalogue Texts (selection )
||Decorative Hedonism and Social Commitment in Inter-War Art in Banat.|
Vocation and Culture, in "European Creation and Synchronism. Artistic Movement in Timisoara in the 60s and 70s", text, catalogue, chronology, bibliography.
||The Earth - text and catalogue.|
||Zone - text, catalogue with actions descriptions.|
Diet Sayler, exhibition folder.
||Orient - Occident, text and catalogue.|
New Hyphen, catalogue Paul Neagu.
||Roman Cotosman, text in the catalogue.|
Time Taking Shape - Vera Röhm.
||Text for the catalogue "Balkan Art".|
Zona 2, text for the catalogue "Zone-Easter Europe", second edition, description of actions, interviews with artists.
||Romanian small sculpture, in the catalogue of the 13th International Biennal of Small Sculpture in Murska Sobota, Slovenia.|
Experiment in Romanian Art after 60s, text in the catalogue edited by Soros Center for Contemporary Art, Bucharest.
||Body and the East. From the 1960s to the Present, Moderna Galerija Ljubljana; co-curator for Romania.
Zona 3, text for the catalogue "Zone 3" third edition, description of actions, editor of the catalogue and the symposium
Romanian Small Sculpture (Mihai Olos, Rudolf Kocsis), The First Triennial of Small Sculpture, Murska Sobota, Slovenia.|
Zona 4, text for the catalogue "Zone 4", editor of the catalogue.|
"Radu Dragomirescu: Nocturnal Epiphanics", text for the artist's catalogue "Due tentativi di fermare il tempo", Lindau, Torino.
"Probleme in Transit. Rumänische KünstlerInnen vor und nach 1989", catalogue Formate/Bukarest, Springerin, Vienna.|
"Dentro di me. Radu Dragomirescu", catalogue Paolo Tonin Arte Contemporanea, Torino, 2004.
Probleme im Transit. Rumänische KünstlerInnen vor und nach 1989, în catalogul "Formate / Moving Patterns", editat de "Springerinn Hefte für Gegenwartkunst" (Hedwig Saxenhuber, Georg Schöllhammer), Viena, 2004.
"Problems in Transit", catalogue "Kontakt...works from the Collection of Erste Bank Group", Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien, Verlag Walter König, Köln.
I also wrote many articles and essays on contemporary art in Romanian cultural and art magazines ("Carte d'Arte", Messina) and studies on modern and contemporary art and architecture abroad, in international catalogues and volumes.
Papers presented at important conferences (selection)
Performance-Art in Romania in the 90s, at the International Symposium "Modern after Post-Modern", 1994, Vrsac, Yugoslavia.
Performance-Art in Romania. Between Gesture and Ritual, at the symposium "Crossroads in Central Europe", 1996, Budapest.
"Ulysses' Masks. Introduction to Ion Grigorescu's Visual Mechanics" at the conference The Culture in the Time of Transformation. The Culture and Identity of Central and Eastern Europe, Poznan, Poland, 1998.
The Dilemmas of the Artistic Transition in Post-Communism. Performance Art in Romania in the 1990s, at the conference "Ten Years After. The Changing Lives & Work of Artists in Post-Communist Europe", Duke University, USA, 1999
The Zone Performance Festival - an Expression of Regional Context, at the conference "Processes in Theater, Art and Literature", Bergen University, 2000.
The Private and the Social Body. Romanian Artists before and after 1989, lecture at Maska Foundation, Cankarsev Dom, Ljubljana, 2003.
Performing Identities, Vienna Days in Bucharest, May 2004.
The Artist and the Post-Totalitarian Society, The 11th Biennial of Visual Arts - Values, Pancevo, Serbia, 2004.
"Connecting Artists. Developing Communities", The Cultural Fondation Project DCM, Bucharest, April 2004.
"Performing Identities", Vienna Days in Bucharest, May 2004.
"The Artist and the Post-Totalitarian Society", The 11th Biennial of Visual Arts - Values, Pancevo, Serbia.
2006 "Patrimoine, memoire, actione culturelle", coloque international, Facultatea de Arte, Timişoara, Programul NEC-LINK.
Round Tables organized by Ileana Pintilie Teleaga
||Study of Human Body, Helios Gallery, Timişoara.|
||Artist and Society, within the exhibition of paintings by Camelia Crisan, Helios Gallery, Timişoara.|
Province, within the exhibition "European Creation and Synchronism", together with the artist Constantin Flondor, Fine Arts Museum, Timişoara.
||Paul Neagu and Generative Art, First Gallery, Timişoara.|
||Terrestrial Mythologies: the Body and its Traces (workshop), Zone 3, at the French Cultural Center, Timişoara.|