Octavian Maxim

Timişoara Branch
of the Fine Arts Union of Romania
Octavian Maxim
Sculptor
Versiunea în limba română The English language version



Born in august, 1934 in Cluj-Napoca.

1953 - Graduate of the Sine Arts Secondary School in Timisoara;

1959 - Graduate of the Fine Arts Institute "Nicolae Grigorescu", the mereted master Cornel Medrea's sculpture class.

1959 - The artistic debut; the first exhibition, in Timisoara.

1960-1993
- Participates in different exhibitions all over the country: yearly ortwice a year; on regions counties; in group; and commemorattive ones.
- Exhibits his works abroad: in Novi-Sad, Belgrad and in Austria.

1972 - Travellings of study at Budapesta and Praga.

Monumental Works: 1972 - "The aurochse's Fountain" - Hateg; 1977 - "Mathernity"; 1981-1986 - In cooperation: "The Icon's place", the imperial chairs and the candlesticks at thee Sf. Nicolae Church in Lovrin; 1987-1989 - The funeral monument for the Morariu family in the Cosminului graveyard, in Timisoara.

34 years of professional and didactic activity:
1959-1961 - Fine Arts Teacher at "Simion Barnutiu" secondary school;
1961-1969 - Assistant at the Fine Arts Institute in Timisoara;
1970-1982 - Fine Arts and methodic Teacher at the pedagogic secondary school and at the Fine Arts secondary school;
1982-1994 - Fine arts teacher at the middle schoole nr.15.

Works in many collections and in private ones in Romania and abroad: Germany, Italy, Greece, Austria, Japan and Australia.

The Timişoara Branch of the Fine Arts Union of Romania Members' Virtual Gallery   artistul precedent    artistul urmator



  Copyright © 2007
Uniunea Artiştilor Plastici din România - Filiala Timişoara

Uniunea Artistilor Plastici din România - Filiala Timşsoara
  Copyright © 2007
Timişoara Branch of the Fine Arts Union of România

Timişoara Branch of the Fine Arts Union of România